Charles B. Jones
Charles B. Jones’ practice focuses on representing individuals and families in the coordination and implementation of their long term family and wealth transfer goals and objectives. His client base is from within and outside of Maryland and he has collaborated planning efforts with lawyers from many other states including Washington, California, Idaho, Montana, Florida and Connecticut. Mr. Jones’ practice runs the full gamut of federal estate and gift tax and the state law implications thereof. He has provided advice to clients with respect to discrete transactions and complex estate and business planning and speaks regularly on those subjects. He has been a consultant to nationally recognized law firms regarding creative charitable gift planning and has been counsel to several charities. In addition, Mr. Jones has handled many planning and estate settlements both inside and outside Maryland. He resides in Baltimore with his wife Gail and their four children.
Education & Work Experience
- Towson State University (B.S., 1981)
- The Johns Hopkins University (M.A.S., 1988)
- The University of Baltimore School of Law (J.D. 1992)
- Georgetown University School of Law (LL.M. in Taxation, 1995)
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association
- Member, U. S. Tax Court and U.S. District Court
- Member Estate and Trust Law Section Council, Maryland State Bar Association
- National Association of Estate Planners & Councils (NAECP), Accredited Estate Planner®
- Baltimore Estate Planning Council, Board of Directors
- Elected as Treasurer, Baltimore Estate Planning Council, June 2015, Secretary, June 2016
- Inducted into the Professional Advisor Recognition Society of the Baltimore Community Foundation, 2012
- Significant research in tax credits and vouchers for use in public school education
- Phi Delta Phi, former Magister of Carroll Inn, University of Baltimore
- Member, Faculty Development Committee, University of Baltimore (1991-92)
- Director, George E. Babylon, Jr. and Ruth J. Babylon Charitable Foundation, Inc.
- Director, Ro and Marius P. Johnson Charitable Legacy, Inc.
- Member, Board of Editors, The Patriot Post, Chattanooga, TN. (www.patriotpost.us)
- Significant research on the topic of tax credits and vouchers for use in public school education
- Editor and reviewer of The Best Zero Tax Planning Tools, Voorhees, Timothy, 2012
- Lecturer on the subject of charitable gift and estate planning in the context of business succession planning.
- National Business Institute Lecturer