Charles B. Jones
J.D., M.A.S., LL.M. (Taxation), AEP®
Representing Businesses and Business Owners in Matters of Acquisition, Succession, and Transition
Education & Work Experience
- Georgetown University School of Law (LL.M. in Taxation, 1995)
- The University of Baltimore School of Law (J.D. 1992)
- The Johns Hopkins University (M.A.S. [Master of Administrative Science], 1988)
- Towson State University (B.S., 1981)
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association, Appointed to Board of Governors, 2019
- Member, Estates and Trusts Section Council, Maryland State Bar Association 2016 – current
- Member, U.S. Tax Court and U.S. District Court
- Member, Estate and Trust Law Section Council, Maryland State Bar Association
- National Association of Estate Planners & Councils (NAECP), Accredited Estate Planner®
- Baltimore Estate Planning Council, Board of Directors
- Elected as Treasurer, Baltimore Estate Planning Council, June 2015, Secretary, June 2016, Vice President, June 2017, President Elect June 2018, and President, June 2019
- Inducted into the Professional Advisor Recognition Society of the Baltimore Community Foundation, 2012
- Phi Delta Phi, former Magister of Carroll Inn, University of Baltimore
- Member, Faculty Development Committee, University of Baltimore (1991-92)
- Director, George E. Babylon, Jr. and Ruth J. Babylon Charitable Foundation, Inc.
- Director, Ro and Marius P. Johnson Charitable Legacy, Inc.
- Director, The Timothy Foundation, Philadelphia, PA
- Member, Board of Editors, The Patriot Post, Chattanooga, TN (http://www.patriotpost.us)
- Editor and reviewer of The Best Zero Tax Planning Tools, Voorhees, Timothy, 2012
- Lecturer on the subject of charitable gift and estate planning in the context of business succession planning.
- National Business Institute (NBI) Lecturer
- Significant research and analysis on the topic of tax credits and vouchers for use in public school education
Charles B. Jones’ practice focuses on representing individuals and families in the coordination and implementation of their long-term family and wealth transfer goals and objectives. His client base is from within and outside of Maryland and he has collaborated planning efforts with lawyers from many other states including Washington, California, Idaho, Montana, Florida, and Connecticut. Mr. Jones’ practice runs the full gamut of federal estate and gift tax and the state law implications thereof. He has provided advice to clients with respect to discrete transactions and complex estate and business planning and speaks regularly on those subjects. He has been a consultant to nationally recognized law firms regarding creative charitable gift planning and has been counsel to several charities. In addition, Mr. Jones has handled many planning and estate settlements both inside and outside Maryland. He resides in Baltimore with his wife Gail; they have four adult children.