C. Wayne Davis
Areas of Concentration – Lender and Borrower Representation in matters of:
- Commercial Financing Transactions; including without limitation, secured and unsecured term loans and A/R and inventory lines of credit.
- Real Estate Financing Transactions; both acquisition and refinancing transactions.
- Creditors’ and Debtors’ Rights; including without limitation, forbearance and modification agreements.
- Mezzanine Financing Transactions; both junior secured and unsecured.
- Public Debt Financing; secured and unsecured issuances.
Education & Work Experience
- Johns Hopkins University; (B.A., 1980)
- University of Baltimore (J.D., 1991)
- Bar Association of Baltimore City
Mr. Davis is a shareholder of Thomas & Libowitz, P.A. and the Chairman of its Banking/Finance practice. Since 1992, Mr. Davis has concentrated in commercial, real estate, and mezzanine financing transactions and general corporate representation.
Mr. Davis regularly represents Mid- Atlantic lenders and corporate borrowers in senior secured financing structures which range in amounts from $1 million to $1.0 billion. Additionally, in 2001 Mr. Davis acted as special legal counsel to outside consultants to the Departments of the United States Navy and Air Force in transactions involving military base privatization matters in excess of $2.25 billion, including housing privatizations of the San Diego Naval Base and the Marine Corp. Bases of Camp Pendleton, California; Yuma, Arizona; and Quantico, Virginia.
Mr. Davis has assisted clients in the acquisition and/or financing of television broadcasting stations, a professional sports team, automotive dealerships, national and local fitness enterprises, aircrafts, and thoroughbred horses. Further, Mr. Davis represents several private Mid-Atlantic region SBIC and family office mezzanine funds in structuring, negotiating and documenting subordinated debt investments.
Advisory board member of Capital Bank, N.A. and board member of Allegiance Capital Management Corp. General partner of Allegiance Capital L.P.
Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America for 2021, 2022, and 2023.